Select Xfinity stores are hosting free, informational sessions on how to get the best in-home Wi-Fi signal. Everyone in the community who’s ever experienced slow Wi-Fi – no matter their internet service provider – is welcome to attend.
Starting June 24, sessions are being held in Dearborn and St. Clair Shores. The 20-minute sessions run through August 2.
Technology experts will share the following tips:
- Where to place your Wi-Fi router for maximum coverage;
- What devices and materials in your house can cause interference;
- How older electronic devices can negatively impact your Wi-Fi signal;
- When to use the 2.4 and 5.0 GHz frequencies available on most wireless routers;
- How to determine whether your router is too old to support the latest internet speeds;
- How much bandwidth you need based on the number and type of devices connected in your home.
Drop-ins are welcome, and RSVPs are not required. Please see the following information for details regarding times and addresses of stores:
|Dearborn||18900 Michigan Ave. K120, Dearborn, MI 48126||Between noon and 4 p.m.|
|St. Clair Shores||27701 Harper Ave., St. Clair Shores, MI 48081||Monday – Saturday: 11:30 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Sunday: 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.