Comcast announced that it has increased speeds for its most popular Xfinity Internet tiers, providing an extra boost for millions of customers in Michigan.
The following upgrades will go live automatically at no additional cost:
- Performance Starter upload speeds will double to 50/10 Mbps.
- Performance upload speeds will double to 100/10 Mbps.
- Blast speeds will increase from 200/10 Mbps to 300/10 Mbps.
- Extreme speeds will increase from 400/20 Mbps to 600/20 Mbps.
- Extreme Pro speeds will increase from 800/20 Mbps to 900/20 Mbps.
- Gigabit Pro speeds will increase from 2/2 Gbps to 3/3 Gbps symmetrical nationwide. Xfinity is the country’s largest Gigabit network, delivering speeds faster than a Gig. Gigabit Pro uses enterprise-grade, fiber-based ethernet technology to make it possible for Xfinity Internet customers to receive symmetrical multi-gigabit speeds so you can stream or game in 4K in multiple rooms in your home.
“Today’s homes require fast reliable internet, wall-to-wall Wi-Fi, and a way to manage the connectivity needs of the entire household,” said Tim Collins, regional senior vice president for Comcast in Michigan. “To keep up with our customers’ needs, we continue to increase speeds, and give them coverage and control to support the growing number of connected devices, apps and tech in their homes.”
In addition to delivering the fastest speeds, Comcast provides unmatched value to Xfinity Internet customers through:
- Superior WiFi coverage –WiFi coverage with the xFi Advanced Gateway that is WiFi 6-capable and can deliver speeds faster than a gig, and xFi Pods which together creates a mesh network that reaches every corner of the home.
- Control connected devices – Using the Xfinity app, customers who lease an xFi Gateway have total control of their home network; manage device access, set parental controls, and pause WiFi.
- Advanced cybersecurity protection – xFi Advanced Security helps to protect all connected devices at the gateway level from malware and other cyber security threats.
- The nation’s largest WiFi network – Access to more than 20 million WiFi hotspots across the country is free to Xfinity customers; three times more than any other provider.
- 4K streaming device with voice search – Xfinity Flex, a 4K streaming device with an award-winning voice remote to seamlessly watch and search for content from the Xfinity Stream app, Peacock, Netflix, Hulu, Prime, and other popular streaming services.
- Xfinity Mobile – Xfinity Internet customers can get Xfinity Mobile, which combines the nation’s best 5G network with the power to auto-connect to millions of Xfinity WiFi hotspots across the country. Starting at $45 for one line, the lowest entry price for 5G unlimited data in the market, unlimited pricing for Xfinity Mobile is $80 for two lines, $100 for three lines, and $120 for four lines ($30 per line).
- Peacock Premium and thousands of hours of free content – Peacock, NBCUniversal’s streaming service, delivering originals, libraries of hit TV shows like “The Office” and “Parks and Recreation,” plus films from Universal Pictures, Focus Features, DreamWorks Animation, Illumination and Hollywood’s biggest studios.
Comcast’s Xfinity Internet service is delivered using Comcast’s existing network architecture and the connections that are already in most customers’ homes – no digging up streets, sidewalks or yards required. Over the last decade, Comcast has invested nearly $30 billion to build an expansive, fiber-dense network comprised of 191,000 route miles that carries an immense amount of traffic and has demonstrated extraordinary performance throughout the pandemic. We’ve doubled our network capacity every 2.5 years to stay well ahead of demand.