Comcast is nearing completion of a $7.5 million fiber-backed build of its Xfinity 10G Network into Mason, Webberville and Williamston, where the company will now offer up to 2 Gigabits-per-second (Gbps) Internet to households, and Internet speeds up to 100 Gbps to businesses. This announcement comes on the heels of the company’s $7 million expansion into Eaton County, including Charlotte, Dimondale and Potterville from earlier this year.
“The availability of this level of connectivity is a game-changer for residents and businesses in mid-Michigan,” said State Senator Sarah Anthony (D-Lansing). “With these significant investments, Comcast is making high-speed Internet more accessible and affordable to people and businesses across our region.”
Over the last three years, Comcast has invested more than $850 million in technology and infrastructure in Michigan, including upgrades to its broadband network.
“From Eaton County to now Ingham County, we invest in communities, big and small, to connect them to the power of the Internet,” said Kristee Cominiello, Senior Vice President of Comcast in Michigan. “This is a critical time for Michigan to ensure its homes and businesses have access to fast, reliable and secure broadband to stay economically competitive in our increasingly digital world.”
Residential customers can take advantage of Xfinity’s full suite of broadband services on the Xfinity 10G Network. These include speeds up to 2 Gbps, advanced WiFi technology to support the ever-increasing number of connected devices in their homes, xFi, a digital dashboard to control their home WiFi network; and Advanced Security, which protects devices on the network from malware and other security threats. Residents can also take advantage of Xfinity Mobile, one of the fastest growing mobile providers in the country. Rated the fastest mobile service with 5G and millions of WiFi hotspots in Comcast service areas*, Xfinity Mobile delivers a great wireless experience for less money.
Powered by the Xfinity 10G Network
Comcast’s Xfinity 10G Network and Internet experience are powering homes today and into the future:
- Ultimate Capacity: Xfinity customers connect more than 1 billion devices across the company’s network annually. The Xfinity 10G Network with the next-generation Xfinity gateways deliver the most advanced WiFi technology carrying three times more bandwidth to power streaming, gaming, videoconferencing, and more, simultaneously.
- Fastest Internet: More than a third of Xfinity Internet customers subscribe to gigabit speed products.
- Unprecedented Coverage: The latest Xfinity Gateway provides a more reliable connection throughout the home. Customers can get wall-to-wall WiFi coverage with a powerful WiFi Boost Pod that extends coverage to hard-to-reach areas, with plans for an offering of increased support for in-home WiFi through a “boost guarantee” later this year.
- Most Reliable Connection: Comcast is scaling the nation’s largest and most reliable network – the Xfinity 10G Network – that passes 60 million homes and businesses and counting. The company launched Storm-Ready WiFi, a new device that comes powered with cellular and battery backup to help keep customers connected even when the power goes out.
- Ultra-Low Latency: The Xfinity 10G Network and the latest Xfinity Gateway are a powerful combination that deliver ultra-low latency for those moments when response times matter most like video games, a fast-growing category with Xfinity households averaging more than one gaming console per home.
Residents will also have access to Internet Essentials program that provides low-cost, high-speed broadband for income constrained households. Comcast also participates in the federal government’s Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), which provides eligible low-income households with a credit of up to $30 per month ($75 per month on Tribal lands) toward their Internet and/or mobile service.
The expanded network will also reach businesses in these communities. Comcast Business offers a suite of connectivity, communications, networking, cybersecurity, wireless, and managed solutions to help organizations of different sizes prepare for what’s next. Powered by the nation’s largest Gig-speed broadband network, and backed by 24/7 customer support, Comcast Business is the nation’s largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses.